Our newly enhanced health and safety protocols were created in conjunction with best practices from Toronto Public Health and the City of Toronto.
The enhanced services and protocols include:
- As a basic practice at all locations and sites, COVID-19 screening is completed for anyone entering our spaces;
- Drop-in meal services on Bloor St. now provide bag lunches on a daily basis to participants;
- Shelters Services continue to operate on a 24-hour basis, but we have worked with the City of Toronto to reduce capacity at our two established locations to allow for increased physical distancing;
- We now operate two full service hotel-based shelters. These locations will allow for improved ‘shelter-in-place’ options, should isolation be required. No guest entry is allowed;
- Staff have been educated on the exposure risks, symptoms, and prevention of COVID-19. This includes use of PPE, isolation, and other infection prevention strategies such as hand washing;
- We continue to follow infection screening and response guidelines as provided by Public Health officials and the City of Toronto;
- The agency immediately reports to the Shelter, Support and Housing Administration and Toronto Public Health any health or safety concerns.