Become a Resident
The shelter at 973 Lansdowne Avenue has 68 beds for men. The Shelter at 850 Bloor Street West has 30 beds for men, including 6 fully accessible spots. The shelters are open every day of the year for residents from 4:30pm to 8:00am on weekdays, and 24 hours on weekends. If you would like to become a resident at either CONC shelter, please call 311 or Central Intake 416-338-4766, or Toll free 1-877-338-3398. The Transitional Housing Program at 973 Lansdowne has 20 self-contained bachelor units for men. Transitional Housing residents come through CONC shelters and must be following a case plan to be considered for the program.
CONC shelter and housing programs engage volunteers in helping to prepare and serve meals, facilitating programming, coordinating donations and more.
- Community Members
- Professionals donating time in their field
- High school students
- Shelter/Housing Residents
Thank you for your interest!
CONC shelter and housing programs welcome students from many of Toronto’s top academic institutions each year to learn from and share expertise with our program participants and staff teams. Students are studying in fields such as:
- Social Work
- Community Work
- New underwear and socks
- Winter and autumn jackets
- Hats, scarves, mittens, gloves
- Shoes and boots, including steel-toed work boots
- Starter kits for residents who are moving out into more permanent housing: kitchen utensils, towels, bed linen, pots, etc.