To Access the PDF of this volunteer posting, click here.
The Christie Ossington Neighbourhood Centre (CONC) is inviting applications from qualified candidates for the volunteer position of Board of Directors, Treasurer
Are you looking to volunteer your skills with an organization that makes a difference?
The Christie Ossington Neighbourhood Centre is looking for a community member with experience and expertise in accounting and finance—plus a passion for solving issues of homelessness and food access, and a strong knowledge of the non-profit sector—to join the Board of Directors as Treasurer.
- Professional accounting and finance proficiencies.
- Accounting Designation is not required, but preference to CPAs, or individuals working towards their CPA are considered an asset.
- Skilled in organization of work and written communication, and documentation skills.
- Experience or knowledge of the non-profit sector and shelter/housing
- Attend Board meetings. The Board meets the last Wednesday of every month.
- Participate in Board special events and other meetings as requested.
- Fulfill a two-year term which may be renewed (pending approval of the Board
- and CONC members at the AGM).
- Willingness to devote an average of 5-7 hours per month to CONC business.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, via email to Samantha Vite, Senior Advisor, at email@example.com by no later then 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 10, 2021.
Please note: to qualify for this volunteer position, you must be fully vaccinated. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal persons, LGBTQ2SI-identified persons, members of a visible minority, and persons with a disability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.